Silvano Girotto
In the photos of that seems Jovanotti. He was a monk. A friar is a bit 'turbulent. As a young boy had been in reform school. As a teenager in the Foreign Legion. A young man in jail. Then in the convent. Then in the South American favelas. Then the guerrilla army. His name was Silvano Girotto but called him Brother Mitra. He became famous the day that infiltrated the Red Brigades, Renato Curcio and did capture and Alberto Franceschini, two of the historical leaders. Since then he became a villain for the Italian left. It was rebuilt a life, got married, had two daughters, became head of the maintenance of a large hospitality business. Even today, gives annoyance that someone continues to consider him a spy and he is considered one who sacrificed himself for the good of his country. And so he decided to tell the true story of his life in a book, "They called me Brother Mitra. "The book started out as the need for a father who has to explain to his daughters because every time his name appears in the newspapers. I started writing a letter. Then the letter has become a fascicolone. Paolini and I knew it I was asked to publish it. "
What felt his daughters against his past life?
"Hardship and curiosity."
The question that made her more often?
"I said, it is true that you were a priest? But you were not a priest like the others, no? "
She begins the narrative of her adolescence. Turbulent adolescence.
"Adolescence is a very delicate phase of the maturation process of a person. You can easily take a road that can lead to disaster. You feel confident, you do not assign any value to the experience of the biggest. It 's a dangerous moment. The other day, joking with my daughters, I said: "I am glad that you survived your teenage years."
His family was bourgeois.
"Borghese but not rich. Dad was a policeman. "
education had the good
so ... "Of course. I was allowed to leave only to go to the oratory of the Salesians.
But then ended up with the stragglers. To make "good."
"Even today I can not see these gestures as serious things."
That led to a reformatory.
"We had broken into a box of drinks."
is in jail?
"A group of boys of my age, a banducola, three in the morning decided to get some cigarettes. "There is a tobacco that you just push a window to get inside," says one. Instead there was in the tobacconists who entered the surprises. Scuffle. General flight. We stayed out we had not seen the scene of the altercation. But the penal code that was a robbery. It was charged to everyone, not just the one entered. They gave me seven years. I've made five. "
between reformatory and the prison there was the Foreign Legion.
"I was sixteen, I felt shame about my family, I decided to start a new life. It was an experience very little time, three months. I ran after attending to torture. An episode that perhaps even forged my attitude of rebellion against the absolute hypocrisy of society. "
And then the jail. Where was converted. From 63 to 69 lived in the convent. Then?
"I decided to go to Latin America, a radical choice to get in touch with the world's poor."
In Bolivia. And he found religion in the countries of underdevelopment.
"It was very much in vogue, then, the so-called liberation theology, the argument that you could not restrict only to preach and promise a better life in the afterlife but also of the here and we had to occupy. The great change within me came when I was in the midst of a massacre, where a nest of machine guns opened fire on a crowd of children and mothers. It was a turning point: imbracciai Arms.
What happened?
"I threw a grenade and blow up the machine gun nest."
not afraid of killing someone?
"Unfortunately, I'm sure you did. A contradiction from which they are not out yet. I've never even managed to repentance. "
In the book she also justifies the war in Afghanistan.
"I'm not a feel-good. Consider the situation more terrible violence in which a man can be. But I think it is sometimes inevitable. I have used weapons against injustice, against the dictatorship, massacre, death squads, knowing it was the only way ".
How long did his time "violent"?
"From August 21, 1971, the day of the massacre, 11 September 1973, Pinochet's coup.
Have you ever had the suspicion of being steeped in narcissism, the desire to take center stage?
"No, the fact that I had to intervene because a gun was massacring women and children has nothing to do with the main character. The consideration of the who would have thought the others I have never touched. "
Even when, later infiltrated the Red Brigades?
"It was the last thing to do if I earn a good reputation. The climate then pulled the other side. I have faced 25 years of moral lynching. "
Why did he do?
"I had just emerged from a nightmare and I could see that in Italy there was someone who wanted to create the conditions for this nightmare come true here too."
And she set out to stop them. Infiltrated. He captured Renato Curcio and Alberto Franceschini, two of the historical leaders. Those were not fanatics, the less "militaristic." Until then, the Red Brigades were not killed. Since then, the bloodbath began. The suspicions are strong.
"The story can be read that way. For a while, 'I thought, too. I had told the police to let me go forward. I could get optimal results, capturing them all. Instead they wanted to hasten the operation and were content to take two of them. I do not know whether to carelessness, to the frenzy of the immediate result or for something more and different. To this question I have no answer. In light of what has happened after all can be. "
Moretti had been warned by a mysterious phone call that was taking the trap Curcio and Franceschini. But he could not - he said - to warn them. And he became the head of Br
"I think frankly the explanation of Moretti rather inconsistent."
not afraid of being an instrument of a game that went beyond her?
"When I think that may have been manipulated, I would not like. I am convinced that if I had not stopped would change the history of Italy. There were the years of lead. By now I had the opportunity to eliminate the root of the Red Brigades. "
took precautions after the capture of Curcio and Franceschini?
"I removed my name from the phone."
He had the courage to go and testify at the trial in Turin. Between the constant threats of the Red Brigades who had fled popular judges and lawyers office.
"All those who had promoted the Communist press was silent this because my lynching is difficult to reconcile with the figure of the traitor spy. I've never been a traitor.
Many years later he met Franceschini.
"We talked for three hours, we hugged. It 's a very balanced man. What is reconciled with its past. "
I said that he considered almost a guardian angel. If it were not she would surely become a murderess.
"I said:" I saw ten minutes and I did 18 years in prison. "
Curcio E?
We write. But do not talk about those years. He does not want to have absolutely no other occasion to remember. An operation to remove completely.
0 comments:
Post a Comment