Thursday, August 21, 2003

Funny Birthday Poems Using The Male As A Car



Mauro Galligani


Mauro Galligani is one of the most famous Italian photographers. The war is not his specialty, but wars, guerrilla wars and revolutions has documented many. The last, the revolt in Chechnya has cost him two months of his life. He was kidnapped by Chechen guerrillas in the mountains and held for 50 days until was not paid the ransom. "In Chechnya, I went to Panorama," he says. "I was with the Moscow correspondent Francesco Bigazzi, with the driver and the interpreter. I kidnapped in the middle of the city blocking the car through traffic, shooting at the tires. I slipped into their car. There was a door open and I tried to escape. They gave me two blows with the butt of the gun, I pretended to pass out to prevent further strokes. Then I was taken to a hideout on the outskirts of Grosny.

How were you treated?

Very bad. Their mood followed the negotiations. I gave them to eat the scraps. But I ate them. I'm not sure I get to hungry. they could give me crap that I'd eaten. I was just not understand a word they were saying, I kept almost all the time with a hood over his head. I pretended to feel sick. I made him believe that I had had heart attacks.

Why you had kidnapped?

They do this for hundreds of years. They ask for the ransom and get paid. Chechens are in the mountains, those fierce, unfortunately supported by the West. Maybe because I'm biased but you should get them all out. How

had asked?

A million dollars the first request, then $ 500,000.

What did you do all day?

No, I could not do anything. Sometimes I could get to do some 'gym that I used to watch a bit 'out the window.

adventure like that can leave some good memories?

No. Every time I thought I could die. The worst moments were when I did go from a hideout to another. Hooded. I thought, now they throw me into a ravine. In those cases, or you pay or you die.

It 's true that the Russians are convinced that there is complicity Italian?

's true. First $ 150,000 is gone, it's not clear how and where. And how did they know when I arrived and as I would have moved? It seems to have been "sold" in Moscow, at a dinner. In addition to Chechnya

what other wars have you done?

I lose count. Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Romania, Yugoslavia. The only war that I have made is that of the Gulf.

What a war photographer is different?

When shooting, you can start taking pictures or you can run and hide in a safe. The photographer of war and those who can not run away and take pictures in these conditions. It is not a problem of fear. Fear everyone has one.

not have much time to decide.

fractions of a second. If you stopped by guerrillas in Lebanon with hood, red eyes had to figure out if they were tired or relaxed, whether they were young and they wanted to shoot or older and quieter. You should never take too many pictures. Two shots and away, the incident is a moment. Never exaggerate. We must limit the risks. Having journalistic experience to assess whether it is worth risking for what is happening. Assess opportunities in cold blood. Why is a job. We should not be a hero.

The ultimate fear?

I was particularly after, when everything is finished. I go on for days without sleep. Most of the fear I feel during the bombing. In Beirut, the Syrians when they pulled the dark, everyone went to sleep in the shelter. I preferred to stay in the room but slept in the bathroom that was more secure, there were no windows.

The highest risk?

run into the guerrilla child. Stop with the desire to kill.

When you pass the border as you do not seize the film?

If a border is at risk, you must deliver the needle to someone else. When I was expelled from Afghanistan to the Italian ambassador said the rollers. Then put it in my bag of fake needle as if they were true. But I made the scene. I protested, I yelled. You must not otherwise have them take quietly understand the trick.

Who are the best war photographers?

The best are those who are careful not to cause more deaths. That do not take advantage of small plays that the guerrillas staged beginning to shoot for use by journalists. Often there are deaths that would not have been killed if it were not for operators and photographers there.

Your best photo? The

I still do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment