Marco Travaglio Marco Travaglio
was not a journalist very famous. He was young, very good, punctual in his investigations. He was right, worked at the magazine Montanelli wrote a good book every now and successful as the football Stupidario (collection of nonsense spoken by the players and sportswriters) who sold 50 000 copies of the Manual or unpunished perfect (collecting statements investigated by the Clean Hands), which came to 25 000 copies. His articles and his investigations caused him frequent complaints from friends and relatives of Mr Berlusconi. Cesare Previti, for example, was given a sentence to pay eighty million (now every month from the salary of labor, three million a month, a deduction is made of 600 000 lire, which ends on account current favorite billionaire Berlusconi's lawyer). Then Marco Travaglio, along with Elio Veltri, wrote "The Smell of Money" by collecting some documents, judicial or otherwise, on the fortunes of the Prime Minister. He 's gone on television to talk about it and it happened Luttazzi hell broke loose. In a few months he has sold 350 000 copies, very rare edition in Italy. A few weeks ago released a second book, "banana republic", written with Peter Gomez. And it is again in the ranking of best-selling books. Will repeat the success of its predecessor? "I rule out," says Marco Travaglio will talk about that this afternoon His adventure at 17.30 at the Convention Center Lavarone. "The new book is about the corruption cases that have affected both the right and left. And 'mathematically impossible to end up on television again."
Travaglio, how has your life changed after these 350 000 copies?
I had to stop working for a month. I made 50 presentations. In addition, three per day. One morning, one in the afternoon and evening. Throughout Italy. The only regions where there are people invited Sardinia and Friuli. You had
threats?
Fortunately no, apart from the usual anonymous letters of insults. The only threat are the eight reasons that made me Berlusconi and his friends. A total about sixty billion damages sought.
Other changes?
I recognize the street. I'm glad. But because they are so becomes embarrassing.
Fear?
No. Maybe I should do well to have them. But so far prevailed unconsciousness and I have not taken any precautionary Digos even when I called to ask if I had any warning signs.
It 'cause that makes you the first Berlusconi? He
direttamnente you. I have made his brother, Dell'Utri, Previti, his loved ones. This time I did it personally and asked him 20 billion.
Who gets the credit for this success?
that belongs to you is was brave.
The gift you made?
A big bouquet of flowers. On the note I wrote: "At the former conductor of a television broadcast." Easy prophecy. He is the only real victim in this story.
You believed in a similar success?
Mai. I was thinking about 10-15 thousand copies.
Disputes that you would not have waited? Those of
dalemiani. But I was not surprised that much, because I know their thinking. Are common: when the boss decided for five years that Berlusconi was going well, they too are convinced that Berlusconi was fine.
what are you politically?
I do not know. I worked eight years with Montanelli and believed to be right in the sense that the right was Montanelli. When I saw the right to work I decided I could not be right. I was not the first left and I can not now be seen that the left has paved the way for Berlusconi. I'm not anymore. In a normal country would vote for the Conservatives. But the right of the Montanelli was already a minority before. Without him, it is virtually extinct.
the last elections?
I voted against Berlusconi. For the Olive Tree and Di Pietro.
What right do you like? I would not mind
Chirac, in some ways a bit 'of Thatcher, but not all, a piece of Reagan. Kohl's I enjoyed the dignity that has made when he was involved in the scandal. I'd like a right Einaudi.
In Italy there is someone who could embody this right?
Not today.
the same question he answered Scalfari Federico Orlando?
right? Scalfari? No, no. Scalfari is a lady left. Be offended if someone defining it right, even good.
How are your books were received by the press?
Both books have not been reviewed practically. "The Smell of Money" was reviewed by only two newspapers that they could not do so because they are my friends, the Republic gives me a salary and Espresso at which I work. And no one else. Then the Manifesto. Same thing for "The banana republic." The higher the sheet.
even the 'unit'? Nor
Unity. Everybody was talking casino Satiricon but what was written in my book no one knew. And they have done everything to ensure it was known. There are people who read it and was surprised that it was not a tirade against Berlusconi, but a collection of documents.
Your second book shows that corruption has no color.
When people read my second book says, but then she is not a communist, then it is not true that they have only tried the right ones.
You say something else. You are acquitted for many reasons. Read the sentences.
Andreotti is a case of school. One who is killed by the judges who acquitted him. Then the judges that he felt good and correct. But they wrote in the ruling that he attended the criminals, who went to see Sindona fugitive, 32 times that you lied to investigators. That can go around with an innocent face of the judgments which you write things like that is really impressive.
All corruptions have the same value?
steal for the party is different than stealing for themselves.
mean?
I find it more serious to steal the party. If one steals for himself does not alter the political market. If one steals for the party contributes to the fact that the party is unduly advantaged than others.
The right should be a law and order as we ever did so with the judges? The right finds
law and order only when it comes to clubbing peaceful demonstrators. For the rest prefer to lawlessness and disorder. He said Montanelli: the right can not help but fall in truncheon by elite each time becomes a mass phenomenon.
The honest people are in politics?
exist. But do not count for anything.
0 comments:
Post a Comment